What we offer
Extended Working Hours
Bury GP Federation provides Extended Working Hours cover across 3 sites in Bury (Moorgate Health Centre, Fairfax Medical Centre and Radcliffe Medical Centre). The service runs 7 days and is available to all patients registered with a GP in Bury. This provides a convenient way for patients to access General Practice services outside the regular surgery hours”
The service operates Mon – Fri 6.30pm – 8pm and also at weekends 8.30am – 6pm.
On a Saturday the service also provides practice nurse appointments which can cover patient reviews, blood tests, and many other aspects of care, this includes General Practitioners, Practice Nurses, Health Care Support Workings and will soon include Clinical Pharmacists.
GP Cover for Intermediate Care
The Federation provides GP cover at the Bealeys Community Hospital 7 days a week. The GP provides ward rounds for all patients admitted to the unit, which has vastly reduced numerous GPs attending Bealeys to see their own individual patients.
Support to Primary Care Networks
The Federation provides support to groups of GP practices who are now working together in Primary Care Networks (PCN). The support provided includes the provision of Extended Hours at weekends, delivery of a Clinical Pharmacists support service that enables PCNs to broaden the types of care they can provide. We also offer business support services including consultancy type advice and guidance as well as financial support services.
BBC Health News
- How many cases in your area?
- Covid: Deaf campaigner takes legal action over No 10 briefings
- Covid: Children aged 12-17 unlikely to be offered vaccine in UK
- Ex-England captain reunites with dad with Parkinson's
- Covid: When will I get the vaccine?
- Another life-saving Covid treatment found
- What are the Delta variant symptoms?
Public Health England
- Patients with type 1 diabetes to get artificial pancreas on the NHS
- NHS sets up specialist young people’s services in £100 million long COVID care expansion
- More than 60 million vaccines have now been administered in England by the NHS
- NHS pelvic health clinics to help tens of thousands women across the country
- Three in four people with a learning disability receive NHS annual health check