What we offer
Extended Working Hours
Bury GP Federation provides Extended Working Hours cover across 3 sites in Bury (Moorgate Health Centre, Fairfax Medical Centre and Radcliffe Medical Centre). The service runs 7 days and is available to all patients registered with a GP in Bury. This provides a convenient way for patients to access General Practice services outside the regular surgery hours”
The service operates Mon – Fri 6.30pm – 8pm and also at weekends 8.30am – 6pm.
On a Saturday the service also provides practice nurse appointments which can cover patient reviews, blood tests, and many other aspects of care, this includes General Practitioners, Practice Nurses, Health Care Support Workings and will soon include Clinical Pharmacists.
GP Cover for Intermediate Care
The Federation provides GP cover at the Bealeys Community Hospital 7 days a week. The GP provides ward rounds for all patients admitted to the unit, which has vastly reduced numerous GPs attending Bealeys to see their own individual patients.
Support to Primary Care Networks
The Federation provides support to groups of GP practices who are now working together in Primary Care Networks (PCN). The support provided includes the provision of Extended Hours at weekends, delivery of a Clinical Pharmacists support service that enables PCNs to broaden the types of care they can provide. We also offer business support services including consultancy type advice and guidance as well as financial support services.
BBC Health News
- London Marathon 2021: Student runs with Essex bone marrow donor 'who saved my life'
- How many cases in your area?
- CBD trial to treat hallucinations in Parkinson’s disease
- Margaret Keenan: First UK person to get the Pfizer jab gets booster
- What is fat freezing and what are the risks?
- QE Hospital Birmingham: Winter looms with staff 'hanging on by a thread'
- Covid: Cancer backlog could take a decade to clear
Public Health England
- People aged 16 and 17 urged to get lifesaving COVID vaccine as NHS bookings open
- Maggie Keenan receives COVID booster vaccine as NHS vaccination rollout continues
- New NHS clinical leadership to support post-COVID challenges
- NHS encourages people to get COVID booster jab as bookings open
- NHS rolls out COVID-19 jab to children aged 12 to 15